Let me please introduce myself

• Hello,

My name is Robert Mambourg, I am a Belgian aquarist. As I don't speak German, I am not a member of the DGLZ, but I am a member of both Association France Vivipare and Poecilia Nederland. And I already visited the DGLZ show in Diemelsee twice !

I keep liverbearers (no fancy, but natural strains) and cichlids.

Here is my list :

Ataeniobius toweri (Lago del Creda 2002)

Chapalichthys encaustus (Lago de Chapala 2001)

Chapalichthys pardalis (Tocumbo)

Xenotoca doadrioi (San Marcos Road)

Girardinus metallicus (Black Belly, commercial strain)

Poecilia reticulata (Rio Vichada 1999)

Poecilia wingei (Campoma 2008)

Xiphophorus hellerii (Hacienda El Lencero, Xalapa 2002)

I also would like to keep Xenoophorus captivus, a species I really love, but there is no strain in the Netherlands, and the only strain in France is of poor health quality, prone to ulcerations. Is a good quality strain of Xenoophorus captivus kept and bred inside the DGLZ ?

With kinds regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen,

• Hi Robert,

your fishlist is very extensive, but do you have some fotos of P. reticulata "Rio Vichada 1999"? From which country is this strain?

In the DGLZ we have also X. captivus "Illescas", it is a strain of good quality. The DGLZ autumnmeeting is over, but from 27.10. to 29.10.2017 in Berlin there is a meeting of the VDA AK "Lebendgebärende Aquarienfische" http://www.lebendgebaerende-aquarienfische.de , and there is also an auction of many livebearing fishes, most of them natural strains...

With kind regards

Detlev

• Hi Detlev,

I am a poor aquarium fotographer, but on the web you find this : http://www.wildguppys.com/page…ge47/styled-22/index.html

A tiny guppy, with a short white topsword and pastel colours. Comes from Colombia. The French strain is of good quality, French aquarists brought it back from a... German auction in the beginning of the years 2000.

Unfortunately I am not free from 27 to 29/10 (at sea with my grandchildren), but there surely will be other opportunities in 2018. Where can I find the name, adres and mail of the captivus breeders, please ?

With kind regards,

Robert

• Back from the AFV show in Pont-l'Evêque, France. And my list has changed !

Ataeniobius toweri (Lago del Creda 2002)

Chapalichthys encaustus (Lago de Chapala 2001)

Chapalichthys pardalis (Tocumbo)

Xenoophorus captivus (Jesus Maria 1999)

Xenotoca doadrioi (San Marcos Road)

Girardinus metallicus (Black Belly, commercial strain)

Poecilia reticulata (Rio Vichada 1999)

Poecilia wingei (Campoma 2008)

Priapella olmecae (Sontecomapan)

Xiphophorus hellerii (Hacienda El Lencero, Xalapa 2002)

Did you see ? I found Xenoophorus captivus ! A French breeder, Jacques Sabatier, was able to totally eliminate the ulcerations problem in his strain ! And he gave me some ! Happy !!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!